Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CONNECTING WITH GOD!

CONNECTING WITH GOD!

Jer 15:16
16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

          So much of the Christian life is lived out in frustration because we are not truly connected to God in our efforts. What passes for ministry can just as easily be described as administrative activities; the rearranging of furniture and the shuffling of papers. At least that is how I am feeling this morning as I emerge from my own private devotions. Oh, how I hate the feeling that I am doing God’s work while God is absent from the process. Oh, how I love it when I am able to connect with Him.

          It must have been the same with Zacharias, in Luke chapter 1, as he ministered as a matter of course. It was simply his turn to minister in prayer but something surprising happened. An angel of the Lord appeared and suddenly ministry became worship; heart throbbing, mouth stopping worship. He emerged from that encounter only able to gesture with his hands for speech failed him.

          I was late starting on my project to read through the Bible in a year. I only started a few days ago but, oh, today it was glorious! I understand what Jeremiah meant when he said he ate the Word! Tears streamed down my cheeks this morning as I feasted upon the Bible. I did not know my soul was so hungry. I had forgotten how much I loved the Lord and was reminded again how much He loves me. This takes the drudgery out of duty. This makes religious activity a joy. This is what so many are missing and why Christianity has lost some of its impact. We function as small social clubs and not churches! Worship! Worship! This is why we gather. It is the purpose behind all our activities. It breathes life into the dead carcass of religion.

          We usually ask God to join us as we go about our duties but what is truly needed is that we join Him in His labor. Determine to connect with God today. Let the Word of God and the Spirit of God be very real to you today.

Col 3:16
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Dear Lord, thank you for our time of worship and fellowship together this morning. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment