Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

ARE YOU A PERSON OF INTEGRITY?

ARE YOU A PERSON OF INTEGRITY?

Gen 6:9
Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Gen 18:17-19
17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord , to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

           Character and integrity is not delivered by courier wrapped in a package. It appears gradually forged like steel beaten by the daily exposure to temptations. Throughout our days we are presented with multiple opportunities to do wrong. It is, as Wesley put it, “the principle within” that keeps integrity alive. It is that inner principle that keeps us from selling our birthright for a bowl of lentil soup.

          Merriam-Webster defines integrity simply as “adherence to a code of values.” For the believer, that code of values is drawn from the deep well of the Word of God. Ps 119:9 says:Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.”

          Although Jesus did not use the word “integrity,” He continually promoted purity of heart (Matthew 5:8), singleness of purpose (Matthew 6:22), and purity of motive (Matthew 6:1-6).

Dear Lord, I know that any integrity found in me is drawn from my association with you. You are my purity of heart and motive. You are my strength to resist wrong and my ability to do right. Be strong within me today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment