Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ON BEING AN EAR AND NOT A MOUTH!

ON BEING AN EAR AND NOT A MOUTH!

Prov 11:13
13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

Lev 19:16
16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.

           I have been recently named the chaplain for a local law enforcement department. Yesterday I was introduced to an officer from another department and the most amazing thing happened. He immediately told me of a very painful situation in his life that haunts him still. I was shocked because we had never met. My only credibility was that I had been introduced as a pastor and a chaplain. That was good enough for a member of this very close brotherhood. I knew immediately that I had been given a secret. I had been given a piece of someone else’s burden to carry so that his load might be lighter. I must always remember his story but never tell it.

           Jesus is my confidant. I can always share my deepest secrets with Him without fear of having them spread all over the countryside. Few others provide such safety for our secrets as Jesus. The woman with the issue of blood felt confident to tell Jesus everything because she had been healed.

Mark 5:31-34
31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Dear Lord, you and I share secrets that would ruin me and yet you love me still. Let me be an ear today and not a mouth. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment