Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

BE A PERSON OF INTEGRITY!

BE A PERSON OF INTEGRITY!

Job 27:3-6
3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
4 My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
5 God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
6 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.

Prov 20:7
7 The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.

           Our English word “integrity” is found 16 times in the Bible. The basic meaning of the word is “honesty, sincerity, and singleness of purpose. It means “being complete” or “finished” with nothing else expected or intended. The root word was used in First Kings 6:22 when it was said that the Temple was finished or completed. The structure then had “integrity.” Nothing else was expected of it.

           A person of integrity is a non-liar and a truth-teller. He is consistent in all his dealings. He is not changeable but dependable. When he makes a promise he keeps that promise unless hindered in some way from keeping it. Even the angel felt the need to explain his tardiness to Daniel in answering his prayer. A person of integrity either keeps his promises or communicates the reason why that promise can’t be kept.

Dan 10:12-1
12 Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Dear Lord, help me to be a person of integrity. Help me to be morally and ethically sound. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment