Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

NO REGRETS!

NO REGRETS!

2 Tim 1:11-12
I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

           The Message, a casual rather than careful, rendering of this verse has Paul saying “I have no regrets!” However what Paul actually said was “I am not ashamed!” Nevertheless I can imagine many at the last day being both ashamed and full of regret. Choices have consequences and a series of choices becomes a life pattern. That life pattern identifies a person’s priorities and those priorities show us their heart. A person who claims to be a believer in and a follower of Christ yet remains absent from worship services for little or no reason can’t be believed. In my mind it is just that simple! I think Jesus thought similarly.

Luke 6:46
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

           I have seen wives weep at the altar because their husbands would not worship with them. One day their children will have to choose to either worship with mom or refuse to worship with dad. Regrets? There will be plenty of regrets. Will they be ashamed at that last day? I think so.

2 Tim 4:7-8
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Dear Lord, help me to live so that I will have neither shame nor regrets at that last day. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment