Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

REVIVAL CHANGES OUR FOCUS!

2 Sam 12:1-7 KJV
12:1 And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.
2 The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:
3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.
4 And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
5 And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
6 And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
7 And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man.

1. SIN HAS A WAY OF EXPOSING THE SINNER!

Funny isn’t it? David the king had sex with Bathsheba while her husband was off fighting his war and then ultimately had the husband killed. Finally he sugar coated the whole affair by marrying the war widow and portraying himself as a kind and compassionate man. Everything was hidden! Nobody knew but God!

Num 32:23 KJV
Ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.

2. THE ONE IN NEED OF REVIVAL OFTEN HIDES BEHIND “LAW”!

David, the shepherd king, still possessed a keen sense of right and wrong. The story of the killing of the little lamb enraged him and his response was LAW imposed swiftly and without mercy. He shouted: “As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die: And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.”

Matt 23:28 KJV
28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

3. WHEN SIN IS EXPOSED THE CRY IS FOR MERCY!

“Thou art the man!” Oh, how it thundered in the king’s court! Suddenly David was made to see his sin as very sinful. How horrible were the chain of events ignited by the look of lust? How simple in its beginning? How sinister in its end? Revival is needed before the blister of sin becomes a callous of carelessness.

Ps 51:1-3 KJV
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

Dear Lord, revive me while there is still time; while there is still in me the keen sense of right and wrong. Let me see my sin as you see it. Break my heart and show mercy to me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment