Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MEANS IN AVOIDING HELL!

MEANS IN AVOIDING HELL!

Luke 16:27-31 KJV
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Lazarus had died and likewise the rich man. Lazarus went to be with father Abraham in paradise but the rich man went to a place of fiery torment. The rich man asks for Lazarus to bring him just a drop of water to cool his tongue but Abraham explains that boundaries prohibit it. Now the rich man, painfully aware of his eternal fate, asks only that his five brothers are warned not to join him.

1. THE WRITTEN WORD IS THE KEY TO HEAVEN!

“Moses” referred to the first five books of the Bible called the Pentateuch. The Law and the Prophets present man with the existence of God, the creation, the fall of man and the commandments of God. “The Prophets” refer to the remainder of what we call the Old Testament.

Isa 53:5-7 KJV
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth : he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Ps 22:14-16 KJV
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

The Old Testament could have provided adequate warning for the rich man’s brothers.

2. THE RICH MAN ASKED FOR ONE RAISED FROM THE DEAD!

I find this to be astounding because, while Abraham said it would not be enough for an unbeliever, it is exactly what Jesus provides!

John 20:26-28 KJV
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

3. BELIEF IS ESSENTIAL!

John 20:29 KJV
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Heb 4:2 KJV
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Dear Lord, I believe! Help Thou my unbelief. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment