Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

MAINTAIN GOOD WORKS!

MAINTAIN GOOD WORKS!

Titus 3:8 KJV
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Last night a caller asked me “How do you get over a revival?” Well, I hope I never “get over” revival. I may need to rest physically from a long series of nightly meetings but I desire the revival of my soul to continue. If that is to happen I must maintain certain things.

1. MAINTAIN ATTENTION TO GOD’S WORD!

Rom 10:17 KJV
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

If my soul is to dwell in a continual state of revival then I must immerse myself in the written Word of God. So many more resources are available to us today than just the written page. Now there are audio versions of the Bible that we can listen to when our hands and eyes are busy. There is no excuse to ignore the Bible.

2. MAINTAIN A DESIRE TO KNOW GOD’S MIND!

Ps 27:4 KJV
4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

The Hebrew word for “inquire” means “to plough, to inspect and to consider.” If we want to know the mind of God we must plough our furrows of investigation deep.

3. MAINTAIN A GUARD AGAINST TEMPTATIONS!

Heb 12:1 KJV
12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

The Greek word that is translated “doth so easily beset” means “standing easily around” and indicates a sinful propensity that is always “hanging around.” We all have sins that need little allurement.

4. MAINTAIN GOOD WORKS!

Gal 6:10 KJV
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Watch for opportunities to do good things. Sit with the sick. Relieve those in need. Repair something that is broken. Carry a heavy load. The doing of “good things” will help to maintain the spirit of revival.

5. MAINTAIN MUTUAL ENCOURAGEMENT!

Heb 10:24-25 KJV
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The word “provoke” usually means “to incite to anger” but Godly provocation stirs up love and good works. Verse 25 indicates that the natural result of mutual encouragement is a return to faithful assembly. If you can’t be a player, be a cheerleader.  

Dear Lord, help me to maintain the regular practice of my faith so that I do not slide backward. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment