Pages

Friday, July 19, 2024

I’M BEING FOLLOWED

 

Friday, July 19, 2024

 

I’M BEING FOLLOWED

 

Ps 23:6

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

 

Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

 

          Two agents watch and follow me wherever I go. Bodyguards and spiritual guides prevent harm and promote success. Because God is important to me, I am important to God. The harm that is permitted unto me and the detours I am forced to take are measured carefully and purposefully. I will arrive at my appointed destination safely and on time.

 

          Goodness, in Psalm 23 is from the Hebrew word towb, and means anything that is good, better, and best. We see it first in Genesis 1:4 when God divided the light from darkness. It is not so much a matter of taste as it is function. Goodness occurs when things work as they should.

 

          Mercy, also in Psalm 23, is from the word checed, and means favor, kindness, and pity. Mercy is the healing that takes place after a fall. It fashions another, better thing when the potter’s clay is marred. Mercy first forgives and then corrects my mistakes. Mercy turns failure into success.

 

Gen 50:20

20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

 

Lord, I know I am being followed. Thank you. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment