Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2024

THREE WATCHERS

 

Saturday, January 20, 2024

 

THREE WATCHERS

 

2 Chron 16:9a

9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

 

Phil 1:3-8

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,

4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,

5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

 

Heb 1:13-14

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

 

          Three watchers are thinking of you at this very moment. Our three scriptures tell us who they are.

 

          The first, and most faithful watcher is God. His eye is on the sparrow and on you. Nothing escapes his gaze. He never loses sight of you, and he knows your circumstances. The sinner finds this uncomfortable, but the believer finds great comfort in knowing this.

 

          The second set of watchers are our friends. You may feel alone and possibly friendless from time to time, but you are wrong. Miles cannot separate true friends. Paul told the Philippians that they were always in his heart. He had invested much in them. They had shared in both joy and sorrow, peace, and difficulty. They were family. You have friends that are thinking about you if not now then often. If you have any true friends at all this is true. Cling to this in the lonely hours.

 

          The third set of watchers are invisible but there. Hebrews tells us that they are assigned to those who are the heirs of salvation. So secret is their mission that many do not think they exist. Their sightings are rare, even in the Bible, but they are all around and very busy.

 

          Adam Clarke says, “All the angels, even those of the highest order, are employed by their Creator to serve those who believe in Christ Jesus. What these services are, and how performed, it would be impossible to state.”

 

Dear Lord, I am reminded today that I am greatly beloved by my Creator and that I have more friends than I suspect and that angels serve me for good though invisible to me. Why, I wonder, am I so beloved and cared for? Thank you, Jesus. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment