Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

 

Monday, January 8, 2024

 

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

 

Matt 5:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

 

          I liked helping my dad work on his cars. Having said that I don’t want you to think I am a mechanic because I certainly am not. No, my job was to shine the light on the area dad was working on. I would also hand him a certain tool but shining the light was what I excelled in doing. I spared dad many steps and helped him to see the problem areas. He did the fixing.

 

          Looking back on fifty years of pastoral ministry, I am still doing much the same thing. In many things I was not and am still not skilled, but I can shine a light and hand out tools. You might say that dad was my first teacher for ministry work. “Just shine that light over here son.”

 

          You have been given a great light and it is an important job to shine that light in dark places.

 

Prov 4:18

 …the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

 

Lord, steady the hands of those who carry the light today. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment