Pages

Monday, September 12, 2022

THE WIDESPREAD WORD!

 

Monday, September 12, 2022

 

THE WIDESPREAD WORD!

 

Isa 55:10-11

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

 

Ps 68:11

11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.

 

            Who told you about Jesus? Who told the person who told you about Jesus? Who told them? It’s easy to see where I am going with my line of questioning. We represent an unbroken line of witness that goes back to the giving of the Great Commission! That is an amazing thing.

 

            The writer of Hebrews said that the Word was “quick” or alive. It moves and is powerful. It is sharp and to the point. It does not sidestep uncomfortable issues. It challenges wrong practices and tightly held error. It presses home the truth. Wherever it is presented it lifts the cover off long hidden secrets and reveals motives.

 

            By this time there should be a nagging truth rising in your heart. If someone shared the Gospel with me and I am saved because of it, then I am a link in an important chain. Someone is waiting, though they may not know it, for me to share the Gospel with them. What if I don’t feel like sharing? What if I don’t want to? What if I am afraid? The hard reality is that the gospel chain is broken because I have allowed myself to be a broken link.

 

            Psalm 68:11 tells us that the Lord gave the word! John chapter one and verse one said that the Word was God…the Word is Jesus. If we do not join the great company of those that publish it, then someone will not hear and faith comes by hearing. Will you ask God to help you, to strengthen you, to give you courage? Will you publish the gospel so that others might hear and believe?

 

Dear Lord, I am not confident or courageous in sharing your story. Help me to publish your word. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment