Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2022

MY IMPERFECT MENTORS

 

Saturday, September 3, 2022

 

MY IMPERFECT MENTORS

 

Prov 27:17

17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

 

Phil 2:19-23

19 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.

20 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.

21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

22 But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

23 Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soon as I shall see how it will go with me.

 

          As I look back over my years, I realize that most of my mentors were broken and imperfect. That did not prevent me from learning from them. I learned to appreciate their honorable qualities and to emulate them. I also quietly determined to not copy their faults. Did their imperfections cause me to be imperfect like them? No, I became imperfect like me!

 

          Few things are more beneficial to clergy than godly laity!

 

Acts 18:26

26 And he [Apollos] began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

 

Dear Lord, thank you for all those who mentored me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment