Pages

Monday, September 26, 2022

BEHAVE YOURSELF

 

Monday, September 26, 2022

 

BEHAVE YOURSELF

 

1 Sam 18:14-16

14 And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him.

15 Wherefore when Saul saw that he behaved himself very wisely, he was afraid of him.

16 But all Israel and Judah loved David …

 

1 Tim 3:14-15

14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:

15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

 

          Four times in the Old Testament we find the word sakal (saw-kal) and all four times here in the eighteenth chapter of First Samuel. Saul was the King, but David was the giant killer and there was a tension between them because the people knew that the crown rested upon the wrong head. David knew that he must act circumspectly and intelligently, which is what the word means.

 

          As Paul was instructing young Timothy, he taught him how to behave himself in the church, the house of God. Here the word is the Greek anastrepho which means only “to busy oneself” but we understand it to mean much more in application.

 

          The believer, because his relationship with Christ makes him a representative, should learn to behave himself circumspectly and intelligently because occasionally we will be drawn into intrigue.

 

Prov 1:10

10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

 

Lord, often I feel the eyes of others are upon me. Let me walk circumspectly with intelligence. Help me to go softly and carefully as I represent you with my life. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment