Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

I CAN DO IT

 

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

 

I CAN DO IT


Phil 4:12-13

12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

KJV

 

          Paul told the Philippians that he was experienced in struggle, failure, and need. He had felt both winter’s chill and summer’s heat and he had found his peace in the balance that Christ provides. To abound and to suffer need were all the same to him because he had climbed upon the cross with Jesus.

 

Gal 2:20-21

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: [by attempting to work for righteousness] for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

 

          To be dead, and therefore unresponsive to the advertisements of sin, yet animated by the Holy Spirit placed Paul in a neutrality that few of us attain. In Christ and Christ within, gave Paul a proper view of his riches, his education, and his cultural advantages. Where was pride then? On the cross!

 

          Complaining was inappropriate since Paul had experienced a history of God’s adequacy. Whenever there was an empty place that needed to be filled, God poured into it abundance. Wherever an overflow needed to be disbursed, God showed him where it should be poured out. Need was not Paul’s problem. Greed was not Paul’s prerogative. God was his quartermaster.

 

God, if you say I should, then I must. If you say I must then I know I can. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment