Pages

Friday, August 19, 2022

HOW TO SUCCEED AS A BELIEVER

 

Friday, August 19, 2022

 

 HOW TO SUCCEED AS A BELIEVER

 

Gen 24:27

27 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.

 

          How would you go about finding a wife for your master, as this man did? He was given what seemed to be an impossible task, but he nailed it! He was given a specific geography and his search field was narrowed but, beyond that he had no guidance.

 

          He was creative in his praying! He asked God to lead him to a kind and generous woman who would not only give him a drink of water but would also water his camels. Camels drink a lot of water! This would be his signal from the Lord.

 

          Well, the Lord came through and also presented this searcher with a generous woman who was beautiful.

 

          But that was not my question, was it? All of us observe some Christians, perhaps pastors or other leaders, who string together success after success. They always seem to land on their feet. We also observe some who seem to be without talent or success. They just make God look bad with their failures.

 

          We feel obligated to give any praise to God who supplies success as He sees fit. But is there a secret? Perhaps so. Do you remember what the servant said in our text? He said, “I being in the way, the Lord led me.” Whenever God gives you a command, say yes and do your best. Just keep doing this over and over.

 

Josh 1:8

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

 

Lord, make me smart enough to do what you ask of me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment