Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

THE PROMISE OF LIFE

 

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

 

THE PROMISE OF LIFE

 

John 14:16-19

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

 

          Jesus knows our thoughts before we think them. He knows what keeps us awake at night, what makes us happy, and what makes us angry. Our fears are not hidden from Him, and He answers before we can form a question. Often having a conversation with Him, though one-sided, can be a bit uncomfortable because it is so intimate.

 

          Four times Jesus said, “I go to my father” and all four are recorded by John. Once in chapter 14 and three times in chapter 16. The concept of His death caused great fear and confusion in the hearts and minds of the disciples. Jesus pressed home the truth that “because I live, you will live also.”

 

          Paul took up the topic in 1 Thess 4:13 when he said, “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.” At the end of Paul’s explanation of the believer’s death, he said, “Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words.”

 

Hos 13:14

14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction:

 

Someday the silver cord will break,

And I no more as now shall sing.

But O the joy when I shall wake

Within the presence of the King!

 

 And I shall see Him face to face,

And tell the story, saved by grace:

And I shall see Him face to face,

And tell the story, saved by grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment