Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2022

HIS STRENGTH IN MY WEAKNESS

 

Thursday, May 19, 2022

 

HIS STRENGTH IN MY WEAKNESS

 

2 Cor 12:8-10

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

 

Eph 6:10-11

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

 

          Self-revelatory essays can dangerously lay bare things that should perhaps remain covered. Paul revealed his weakness due to some vague “thorn in the flesh.” Scholars and other thinkers have opined various causes of his woes from conjunctivitis to having been abandoned by an unsympathetic wife. Whatever its form, Paul keenly felt his weakness and prayed for its removal. God said no!

 

          For those familiar with the study of personality types, sixty percent of my personality makeup is melancholy. We are inclined to reflect and are often quiet while others engage in loud conversation. We often express love with actions rather than words probably because our words are sometimes misunderstood. We are analytical and are predisposed to seeking a deeper meaning. We love art and music and are given to mood swings. We often sense and feel what others miss.

 

          In the early years of my ministry, I wrote a poem I offer it to those who may be having emotional storms today.

 

Why Am I Thus?

 

Thoughts afield and swirling 'round

Heart in pain and soul cast down

All my music a mournful sound.

Why am I thus?

Why am I thus?

 

Prayers unoffered and prayers unanswered

Unseen angels and unseen danger

All my efforts done in anger.

Why am I thus?

Why am I thus?

 

Speaking of hope with none of my own

Reaping no harvest from seed I have sown

No one to blame for the blame is my own.

Why am I thus?

Why am I thus?

 

Beauty and joy all around I see

but none of it seems to belong to me

Oh, God, I make my appeal to Thee.

Why am I thus?

Why am I thus?

 

Come heavy laden and weary worn

With plans undone and hearts sore torn

My strength in weakness is the cause of your thorn.

Come to me thus!

Come to me thus!

 

Most gladly, therefore will I rejoice

Though I listen hard to hear Thy voice

Through sorrow and tears I'll make Thee my choice.

I come to Thee thus!

I come to Thee thus!

 

Written by Ron Abbott

 

Dear Lord, be very personally available to the lonely today. Be the sufficient supply for their need. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment