Pages

Friday, September 27, 2019

THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE!


Friday, September 27, 2019

THE NOSE ON YOUR FACE!

Isa 6:9-12
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, 12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

           There is a fretful disappointment in trying to share obvious truth with those who just can’t see it. Isaiah had seen God in all His glory. He had immediately volunteered his service to warn the unsuspecting nation but when God told him that they would not listen and that his efforts would be mostly in vain, he tried to retreat. “Lord, how long?”

           Time and time again Israel received warning of coming judgment for their sin but they did not listen and could not see that which was as plain as the nose on their faces. Those who delivered the warning were ignored or worse. The nation went into captivity until they regained their sight.

           Go ahead. Try it! Can you see the nose on your own face? Perhaps if you close one eye you might catch a glimpse of one side or the other but you can’t get a true picture without either a mirror or someone to describe what is there.

           Revival is a fresh look at ourselves through the eyes of another. Those who are wise pay heed to what is said and make adjustments. Others just can’t see it though it is as plain as the nose on their faces.

Ps 51:7-10
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Dear Lord, let me not miss obvious truths about myself. Make me clean through your precious shed blood. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment