Pages

Friday, September 20, 2019

A STONE FOR BREAD?


Friday, September 20, 2019

A STONE FOR BREAD?

Luke 11:11-13
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

           What kind of parent would give his child a serpent for a fish? I can think of only two kinds of parents who would do such a thing. Either that parent is poor or evil. If he is poor, the serpent might be seasoned well enough to be called food. If he is evil, the serpent might not be seasoned at all.

           Our Heavenly Father is neither poor nor evil. He is rich and kind beyond imagination. He will not allow his children to suffer deprivation. Did he not “command” a widow to feed Elijah in I Kings 17:9? Did he not find her ready to eat her last meal and die? God provided for his prophet and the widow!

           If you are a child of God, and that is an important IF, then your Heavenly Father is aware of your needs and your circumstances. If you are in need there are friends, unknown to you, who stand ready to supply. The wilderness is full of generous strangers and ministering angels. There are wayfaring Samaritans with healing for the wounded. You are going to be alright.

I’m a Child of The King

My Father is rich in houses and lands,
He holdeth the wealth of the world in his hands!
Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold,
His coffers are full, he has riches untold.

I’m a child of the King,
A child of the King.
With Jesus my Savior,
I’m a child of the King.

Dear Father, whenever I think myself poor, remind me that I’m a rich kid. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment