Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

WHAT IS TRUST?


WHAT IS TRUST?

Ps 62:7-8
7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. 8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

According to my concordance, the word “trust” is to be found in our English Bible 134 times! It is curious to me that of the SEVEN Bible Dictionaries in my library NONE of them are willing to tackle defining the word. What, then, does it mean to trust? We don’t know – and yet we do. Trust is the X in every equation! Now, math was never my strength but I know that X refers to the unknown. At the solving of the equation, X equals the answer sought. Generally, to trust in God is to cast our burden on the Lord, when it becomes too heavy for us.

Ps 55:22
22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Companions of trust are a holy quietness, security and peacefulness of spirit springing from a full persuasion of our safety. We know that He CAN sustain us because He is God. We know He WILL sustain us because of His nature. He is gracious and full of mercy. Trust is also to abandon our reliance on human reasoning!

Prov 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Christianity is not occasional but constant. “Trust in Him at ALL TIMES, ye people.” Do not use God like a spare tire or a good-luck charm. He should be the constant object of our trust. Through Him we can draw water from wells that are empty, find food in pantries that are bare and gain clarity when all around is only confusion.

Dear Lord! I know that if I am to trust you I must not lean upon my own understanding! Lord, help me to trust in you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment