Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2018

OLD LOVE LETTERS!


OLD LOVE LETTERS!

Jer 31:3
3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Isa 49:15-16
15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

           Irene and I have been going through boxes of old pictures and mementos and we came across some old love letters – notes actually – that we passed back and forth in the hallways of college. In every case they confirm our love for each other. Some are scrawled on paper napkins from the cafeteria and sent by a mutual friend. I could watch the courier from the cafeteria window as she made her way to Irene’s dorm. 

           The Bible is God’s love letter to us sent by couriers through the ages. He tells us that his love is above the love of mothers for their suckling. He has written our names on the palms of His hands like a school boy writes the name of his girlfriend in his textbook. It is both a reminder and a proud announcement. I have a love and that love is intense.

Ps 116:1-2
116 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

Dear Lord, thank you for a love that led you to the Cross! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment