Pages

Monday, July 30, 2018

RAIN AS A MESSAGE FROM GOD!


RAIN AS A MESSAGE FROM GOD!

2 Chron 7:13-14
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

           It is raining and we are glad! It has been so hot and dry here that we have become accustomed to it as normal. Much of the mid to South West is suffering drought. The “four corners” area are in “exceptional” drought conditions.

           We have hijacked verse 14 for evangelical and political purposes but have ignored the clear teaching of verse 13. Rain, or the lack thereof, is a message from God! When we need rain we are to rethink our spiritual condition and return to God. He quite literally turns up the heat until we plead for relief.

           Elijah informed the wicked King Ahab that it would not rain until he, by prayer, opened the heavens (1 Kings 17) and it did not rain for a period of three years and six months.

Lev 26:3-4
3 If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
4 Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.

Dear Lord, thank you for the refreshment of rain. Always remind us that it is both a message and a blessing. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment