Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

MADE SIN FOR US!


MADE SIN FOR US!

2 Cor 5:21
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

           Scholars see in this verse much to argue about but, I suppose, that is the nature of scholars. One is furious that anyone should think that Jesus might be considered the greatest of sinners because of our sins. Another marvels that the Son of God was made completely sin. For me it is simpler than all that. I, the sinner, became righteous while He, the righteous, bore the punishment!

           Perhaps we should listen carefully to the comment of Christ Himself when he looked up into the face of God and said: “My God, My God, Why hast thou forsaken me?” (Matthew 27:46) For the first time ever, Jesus felt abandoned by the Father because either [1] the Father could not countenance sin or [2] He could not look upon the punishment being borne by His Son. Either way works for me and perhaps it is for both reasons.

           I think we argue these points so that we don’t have to focus on the truth that we are sinners. Our most horrible sin was laid on Jesus. Now it no longer rests on us. Not only have we been wiped clean but we have been deep cleaned. It’s not fair now and it wasn’t fair then.

           Jesus was just what John said he was. He was the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Think of it! A world of sin!

Nothing But The Blood

For my pardon, this I see,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
For my cleansing this my plea,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Father we dare not sanitize religion by ignoring the very blood that saves us. Thank you for becoming my sin offering. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment