Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A SONG FOR THE BURDENED HEART!


A SONG FOR THE BURDENED HEART!

Ps 61:1-4
61 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. 4 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

           I often sense the burdens that others are carrying. It is a part of the shepherd’s assignment and can’t be denied though I try. Sometimes I can help but often I feel somewhat helpless. It can be overwhelming to deal with the overwhelmed.

           The word “overwhelmed” is from a word that means “to cover over” like a thick blanket. There is darkness, confusion, and a heavy weight that covers and conceals the victim.

           David needed a rock or military high ground. He needed to be able to see far and clearly. He needed to be out of reach of trouble. He needed peace, safety, and comfort. That rock is Christ (1 Cor. 10:4).

           Jesus promised, in John 14:18, “ I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” The word “comfortless” is the Greek orphanos and, of course, means “to be orphaned.”

Dear Rock of my Salvation, thank you for not leaving me and orphan. Thank you for safety, peace, and comfort. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment