Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

WHEN I FEEL OVERWHELMED!



WHEN I FEEL OVERWHELMED!

Ps 61:2-3
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

           The word “overwhelmed” is found only in the Old Testament and is translated from three root words. The word kacah (kaw-saw) means “to fill up the hallows; to cover.” The word shataph (shaw-taf) means “to gush.”

           The word ‘ataph (aw-taf) means “to shroud and carries the idea of darkness.” This is the word used in our text and is the one most used to translate the idea of being overwhelmed.

           When my heart is shrouded in darkness so that I can’t see clearly or think logically, I run to that which I surely know. When the circumstances of life seem slippery I reach for something solid. I can always find that in The Rock, Jesus Christ.

           Christ is a comfort now because I remember the many times He has been faithful in the past. “Thou HAST BEEN a shelter for me.” He did not fail me in the past and He will not fail me now.

Dear Lord, many may feel shrouded with darkness, confusion, and anxiety today. Let them take refuge in The Rock. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment