Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

A STONY HEART!



A STONY HEART!

Ezek 36:26-27
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

           Dr. Charles Stanley defines a hard heart as: “ The ability to say no to God in spite of overwhelming evidence and pressure to say yes.” As amazing as that condition seems to the mind, I have seen this condition grow in the last few years.

           Evidently, there are some who can persist in glaring sin while still attending church and giving commentary on the Scriptures. In fact, it seems to me, the more bold their sin is the bolder they are at hypocrisy. Either they don’t see it or they don’t care. That is evidence of a hard and stubborn heart.

           Stubborn hearts must be plowed by the law in the same way a hard field must be plowed before sowing seed. In both cases there will be little harvest without the plowing and harrowing.

           Take a moment and examine your heart. Is there something God wants you to do but you have been stubbornly saying no? Understand the danger that you are facing and allow God to place His spirit within you.

Matt 13:23
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Dear Lord, keep my heart tender and my will resigned to your own. Let me not say no in the face of overwhelming evidence. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment