Pages

Monday, February 19, 2018

BE STILL AND KNOW!



BE STILL AND KNOW!

Ps 46:10-11
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord  of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

           I see it everywhere! “Be still, and know that I am God!” It is on my wife’s coffee mug. It is on our living room wall. It is everywhere. It is so familiar that no one knows what it really means anymore! We cling to it as if it was a guarantee of peace but that is all the credit we give to it.

           Be Still! It means to stop questioning God’s judgments. Stop questioning why He blesses those that are blessed and why He curses those who are cursed. Stop trying to out-think God. The providential circumstances of your life are in His hands. Stop manipulating God. Warren Wiersbe says: “The Hebrew word translated "be still" means "take your hands off, relax."

           Know that I am God! Adam Clarke reminds us that God is  “the Fountain of power, wisdom, justice, goodness; and truth.” I guess it is because God is invisible and silent that we keep on having fits of doubt. Jesus explained that “God is a Spirit!” in John 4. More than just “the Force,” He is a personality with purpose and power. He determines what should be done and has the ability to do it.

Dear Lord, so many things in life are beyond my control. Help me to take my hands off and relax. You know how hard that is for me so please help me! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment