Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

NO MORE TEARS



NO MORE TEARS!

Rev 21:4
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

           Perhaps you remember the old commercial for Johnson’s Baby Shampoo. It showed a mother shampooing baby’s hair with lather all over. The happy baby helped to reinforce the selling point of “No More Tears!”

           Heaven, the eternal state of the redeemed, will have no more tears! My first thought this morning was “But, this is how I worship!” In the presence of the Holy, some folks shout but I just cry.

           I weep for my unworthiness. I weep for my ignorance and stubbornness. I sob at His love and generosity toward me. I just cry. I can’t help myself.

           I can only conclude that, in Heaven, the former things will have passed away. My unworthiness will be replaced by guaranteed acceptance. My ignorance will be replaced by full knowledge of the Holy. My stubbornness will have been both subdued and surrendered. My tears will be wiped away by the very God Himself.

Ps 30:4-5
4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

O Lord, even now I can’t help but weep at the thought of it all. Take thy gentle hand and brush away my tears and replace them with joy. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment