Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

HEAVENLY THOUGHTS



HEAVENLY THOUGHTS!

John 14:2-3
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

           We are beginning what are my favorite four months of the year! There is a nip in the air – even in Texas – and everything is pumpkin spice. I was born on Thanksgiving Day so maybe that has something to do with it. For whatever reason, I just love it.

           Life has an Autumn too. The blossom of Spring has gone and the labor of Summer is nearly over. Now it is time to enjoy the fruit. It’s festival time. It’s that season just before the bite of winter.

           For some reason, this time of year causes me to think about Heaven! I’m going there someday and I wish I knew more about it. The descriptions in the Bible are almost unbelievable until you listen to the simple words of Jesus Himself. “In my Father’s house are many mansions.” That’s enough for me.

           I told a friend in an email this morning, “I wish I could gather all my friends from all over the globe into one place so that we would never have to be separated again. That would be heaven!

Dear Lord, thank you for preparing for me a place. Thank you for the promise of your coming. Thank you for heaven! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment