Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

THE PROBLEM WITH LIARS



THE PROBLEM WITH LIARS!

John 8:44
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rev 21:27
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it [heaven] any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 22:15
15 For without [outside of heaven] are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

           I hate liars! I know those are strong words but I think I inherited that hatred from my Heavenly Father! He is not very fond of liars either.

           This morning I received an email from a Sgt Sophia who presented herself as “America soldier”. Her use of the English language was barely elementary. I know toddlers who speak more clearly. Well, Sophia wanted to share with me part of her $4.5 million dollars which she found in the trunk of a car in Iraq. All I had to do was to share most of my vital personal information. Hey! I’m old but I’m not stupid. This was a lie.

           I know a person who has multiple Facebook accounts and identities. They don’t know that I know this! The problem with social media is that whatever you post is truly “social” and public. With a little effort the truth can be discovered. When you speak on social media, you are “speaking into the air” (1 Corinthians 14:9).

Ps 51:6-7
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Dear Lord, help me to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment