Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

COURAGE AND CONFIDENCE



COURAGE AND CONFIDENCE!

Hab 3:17-18
17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord , I will joy in the God of my salvation.

           When things are bad we cry out to a God who is not only aware of our needs and troubles but has already begun rescue operations! He knows what we have need of before we ask (Matthew 6:8,32).

           Jacob slept under a canopy of stars with a stone for a pillow but he did not know he was at the gate of heaven (Genesis 28:12). He was not aware of the plans God had for him (see verses 13-15).

           The answer to Daniel’s prayer was delayed because of cosmic spiritual opposition! The angel skidded to a halt before a praying Daniel and said:  

Dan 10:12-14
Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
14 Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days:

           If we only knew what God had in store for today; If we could only see all those who were, at this moment, praying for us; oh, if we could only understand that we are not victims but victors – courage and confidence would be our constant companions.

Dear Lord, pull open the curtain a bit so that I can see the vast resources engaged to help me today. Minister to me both courage and confidence. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment