Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES



CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

Josh 24:15
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

           The Hebrew word for choose is bachar which means “to try or to select.”  The word denotes an act of comparison of two or more objects or persons, the preference and selection of one, or of a few out of a larger number for a certain purpose, function, position or privilege. (This stuffy explanation is brought to you by The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, Electronic Database Copyright © 1996, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

           Comparing, trying, and selecting sets in motion energy that becomes a result. Like tossing a pebble into a still pond, after making a choice, I can watch the ripples of consequence all the way to the shore line. Conversely, if you show me a consequence, I can generally show you your choice.

           The addict or alcoholic was not born to his condition. At some point in his past he made a choice. Perhaps it was under the duress of so called friends or some circumstance. The consequence is not worth the buzz.

           In countless ways throughout our days, we pave the path we walk. Ruth is a wonderful example of making a wise but difficult choice. In choosing to travel with Naomi to Bethlehem she became the grandmother of a king.

Ruth 1:15-16
15 And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law.
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Dear Lord! You have promised wisdom to those who ask for it. I’m asking! Let me make wise and godly choices today while trusting the consequences to you. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment