Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER



ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER!

Isa 41:6-7
6 They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.
7 So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying, It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved. KJV

Warren Wiersbe said of this portion: “The prophet presents four pictures to encourage the people. In contrast to the fear experienced by the Gentile nations is the confidence shown by Israel, God's chosen servant (41:8-13), because God was working on their behalf. In spite of their past rebellion, Israel was not cast away by the Lord. The Jewish captives did not need to fear either Cyrus or Babylon, because Cyrus was working for God, and Babylon would be no more.”

Satan is the great Discourager! He will constantly assure you that you are no good; that you can’t do it; that you aren’t worth it. God, on the other hand, has bought you with the blood of His one and only Son! You are worth it and you can do it! When we find ourselves complaining, pointing fingers, and discouraging one another, guess which spirit we are aligned with?

Isa 41:10
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Dear Lord, I know that discouraged people discourage others. Encourage me today so that I may be an encouragement to those who are down. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment