Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

REMOVING SINS CONSEQUENCES



REMOVING SIN’S CONSEQUENCES!

Isa 6:5-7
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord  of hosts.
6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Prov 30:20
20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

           How shall we remove the devastating consequences of sin? Some, like the “adulterous woman” in Proverbs 30:20 simply ignore and deny that they have done wrong. They remove the consequences from sin by removing the idea of sin from their actions. Any of their actions, in their mind, has simply become acceptable. It is foolish thinking, of course.

           Isaiah, when confronted with the holiness of God, instantly discovered that he was a vile man with a vile mouth. Because God had a task for him, the angel took a live coal from the altar of sacrifice and touched his lips. Only through Christ’s sacrifice can our sins be purged. David knew this because, when the prophet confronted him about his affair with Bathsheba, David pleaded the blood. In the following verse, he mentions hyssop which was dipped into the sacrificial blood and applied to the lentil and doorposts at the Passover. It is this blood that removed the curse and consequences.

Ps 51:7
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Dear Lord, we are seeing mouth-gaping arrogance as some simply deny that their actions are sinful. Shame has been removed from our land and evil dominates. Thankfully, some agree with you and ask for your cleansing blood to be applied. Purge us today we pray. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment