Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

PLEASE TELL ME AGAIN



PLEASE TELL ME AGAIN!

Ps 119:33-38
33 Teach me, O Lord , the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
38 Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.

           We are emotionally forgetful! We constantly require reassurance regarding our relationships. A marriage soon falls into disrepair if either party fails to reassure the other of their love and devotion. So it is with our relationship with God. We are always asking God to tell us again how much He loves us.

           We are functionally confused! We need constant instruction and practice to become proficient at doing the will of God. The text this morning is clear when it gives voice to our heart. “Just tell me what to do and I will do it, Lord.” God keeps Himself invisible and He is non-verbal so we are constantly needing to be told over and over again by reading His Word. Moreover, modern circumstances do not always fit comfortably into Bible language.

           We are directionally challenged! We are like sheep who go astray and soon lose sight of the proper path. Without the Shepherd’s rod, staff and voice we become lost. We require constant contact and correction.

           We are stubborn and self-reliant! We need to be taught that the best plan is always His plan. We have some wonderful ideas and schemes but they may not be His plans. We need to be reminded over and over again.

Dear Lord, please tell me again how much you love me. Sometimes I forget. Please tell me that everything will be alright. My circumstances keep trying to make you a liar. Please show me the right way. All my ideas seem stale and doomed to failure. Please, Lord, tell me again. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment