Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

THE UNSEEN BATTLE!


THE UNSEEN BATTLE!

Read: Daniel 10:10-21


Dan 10:19-21
19 And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.
21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.


          Every now and then we need to be reminded that there is an unseen battle that rages around us! The combatants are spirits both good and bad. They fight for the right to influence US! If we are not careful, we will ignorantly give aid to one side or the other. Let us be on guard even though we can’t see them.

          Your prayer is heard! Perhaps Daniel thought that his prayer had not “gotten through” but it had. Verse 12 explains that God heard Daniel’s prayer “from the very first day.” The delay in answering was due to the unseen spiritual conflict. The strong angel, possibly Gabriel, had been doing battle with the “Prince of Persia.” This was not a literal prince but one of the “principalities” mentioned in Ephesians 6:12 and Colossians 2:15. Angels and demons evidently have a military ranking system and these were big dudes.

          You are greatly loved! When the angel addressed Daniel he said: “O, Daniel, a man greatly beloved!” (see verse 11). Do not think that God has abandoned you! Never doubt God’s love! When it seems that God is far away, try to imagine the conflict raging on your behalf. God is working! Stand by! The answer is coming!

          Your God is strong! Although the spirit of Persia withheld Daniel’s answer for twenty-one days, yet the answer would come and it would not be too late! The clash of swords and spears can only be imagined! Although the battle is real – the outcome is sure. God is going to win!

          You have an angel! Daniel was so greatly beloved that Michael (see verse 21) was assigned to him. He is referred to as “your” prince. I wonder which angel is assigned to me today? Who is assigned to help you?

Heb 1:13-14
13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Dear Lord, the battle continues unseen by me. I sit in calm and peace while principalities and powers do deadly business for my influence. Help me to cooperate in your purposes today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment