Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A LITTLE MORE TIME!

A LITTLE MORE TIME!


Josh 10:12-14
12 Then spake Joshua to the Lord  in the day when the Lord  delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord  hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the Lord  fought for Israel.

         Joshua was involved in a task that needed to be completed before the sun went down. It was literally a life and death situation so he spoke to the sun to stand still and God heard and answered him. What an understatement to say that there was not a day like that before it or after it.

         Lately I have felt the need to shout at the sun. Activities and responsibilities often force us into a crisis of time. There is much to be done and not much time in which to do it. I doubt that God feels as panicky about the situation as I do. I doubt the sun will stand still for me but I do think God will give me the grace to accomplish the things needed.

         Maybe you have a job in which there is rapid change and urgent need. I have heard it said that work either expands or contracts to fill the time allotted for it. God is faithful in helping you to accomplish today’s tasks. Ask Him for grace and efficiency in your work then praise Him for the accomplishments.

Ps 71:16
16 I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.

Dear Lord, there is much to do today. My appointments and my assignments belong to you. AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment