Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

IT ALL COMES FROM THE VINE!

IT ALL COMES FROM THE VINE!

John 15:5
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

From time to time God grants failure to our best efforts because they are ours and not His. He allows this to remind us that “without Him we can do nothing.” We become so involved in routine and so burdened by business that we forget that life is vested in the vine and not the branch. Creativity and originality fades.

“He that abideth in me” -- The word means to continue, dwell, endure, remain, stand or to tarry. It is clear that while we are focused on growth and productivity we fail to “abide” in the vine. We become busy, even resentful of the need to listen and obey. We neglect our connection to the vine.

Much fruit! Much fruit is what we desire but we think it is due to our labor or our talent. Neither is true for we are dependent upon the vine. Much fruit comes from the health of the vine and depends upon our attachment to it. So, the most fruitful thing that I can do today is to cling to Christ. As I open myself to His vitality fruit will be the result.

Dear Lord, today I feel empty – fill me. Today I feel ignorant – enlighten me. Today I feel weak – strengthen me. Today I feel insignificant – encourage me. Today I feel powerless – use me. AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment