Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

I WILL GUIDE THEE WITH MINE EYE!

I WILL GUIDE THEE WITH MINE EYE!

Ps 32:7-8
7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Heb 11:8
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

         Abraham was the first of God’s heroes and it seems essential that before he learns anything else he must first learn to follow. The same is true in our relationship with God. Trusting Him to lead is the bedrock of all faith. There are many implications in the guidance of God which we will explore now.

         First we focus on God’s part of the relationship. It is implied that His eye is always on us. Nothing escapes His vision. This produces fear and dread in those who are rebellious against Him and comfort and peace in those who obey. Not only does He see us but He is able to look ahead. He not only sees the fork in the road ahead but He knows whether to take the left or the right. We follow because He knows the way.

         Our part in the relationship is only to focus on the Guide. We may never be sure of the way but we must never lose sight of the Guide. Oh, how lost we feel when it seems we have lost sight of him! We must so closely observe His guiding that we see not only the broad sweep of his arm but the subtle pointing of his finger. We must watch closely.

         God never tires of watching over His people. In fact it seems to bring Him great joy and pleasure to lead us along. We are the sheep of his pasture and he leads us beside the still waters.

Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah

Words: William Williams; translated to English by Peter Williams
Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold me with Thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more.

Dear Lord, I ask for clear guidance for your flock today. Lead them beside the still waters. Anoint their heads with the oil of thy spirit. Restore their soul and give them rest and peace. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment