Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

INDICATIONS OF REVIVAL’S NEED!

INDICATIONS OF REVIVAL’S NEED!


Isa 57:15 KJV

15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

1. A feeling of being disconnected from God!

Ps 22:1 KJV
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

We sometimes feel crushed by circumstances that are beyond our control. We feel shaken like a rag doll in the teeth of some animal. We feel abandoned by God and we long to be restored to the security of His embrace.

2. A feeling of being a trapped with a desire to escape!

Ps 55:6-7 KJV
6 And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.
7 Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness.

3. A feeling that religion is useless and without meaning or purpose!

Isa 43:22 KJV
22 But thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob; but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel.

Mal 1:13 KJV
13 Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD.

Sin and selfishness creates tedium with the practice of religion for which God is ultimately blamed. The cause, of course, is our own and not His. To blame God for our own dissatisfaction is blasphemy. The real cause is that our interests and the interests of God no longer agree because we have drifted from Him.

4. God loves you and is searching for you!

Luke 15:4-6 KJV
4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Dear Lord, revive my spirit and restore the relationship that has been strained between us.  AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment