Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

THINGS TO REMBER AND THINGS TO FORGET!

THINGS TO REMBER AND THINGS TO FORGET!

Ps 25:6-7
6 Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

Christians are always forgetting the important things! We forget that God is a good God, that he knows everything and can do anything. We forget, in our daily distresses, that He loves us with an immeasurable love and that He wants only the best for us. We forget His tender mercies.

The Hebrew word for “tender mercies” means the "inner parts" regarded by the Hebrews as the seat of the affections. Literally it is “remember thy bowels of mercies.” David is asking God not to forget His “gut wrenching” care of us.

Christians are always remembering the wrong things! We can not seem to forget those youthful sins committed in the heat of passion. They haunt us, take us captive and remand us to the tormentors. We pray for forgiveness over and over again but we can not forget them. David asks that God forget his youthful sins and God has responded.

Isa 43:25
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Heb 8:12
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Dear Lord, today help me to remember thy goodness and thy tender mercies. Help me to forget those sins you have already forgiven. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment