Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A GOOD THING!

A GOOD THING!

Prov 18:22
22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

           Forty three years ago today I found favor with the Lord! Today is my wedding anniversary and I am more aware now than ever before that finding a wife is a good thing. I first laid eyes on Irene while standing at the back of the auditorium of the Bible Baptist Church in Springfield, Missouri. I was a raw freshman at Baptist Bible College and a visitor to this church. She was seated at the organ and I was completely undone by her loveliness.

           I can’t imagine why but she later accepted my proposal of marriage. She has been a very “good thing” indeed and a strong accomplice with this plowman; a true yokefellow. I thank my God for sending her to fill up all my imperfections. To say that I love her would be a laughable understatement.

           The Lord Jesus likens the church to His bride! When I think of this I have a better understanding of His fierce love for us and why He would willingly die to obtain us. Paul thought of himself as the groomsman who, on behalf of the groom, wooed the bride and readied her for the wedding.

Hos 2:20
20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

2 Cor 11:2
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Dear Lord, thank you for granting me this “good thing” and for the favor you have shown. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment