Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

HE KNOWS MY NAME!

HE KNOWS MY NAME!

Ps 147:4
4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.

Ex 33:12-17
12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

John 10:1-3
10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

      The witness of Scripture is clear! He knows your name! He knows both who you are and where you are. He knows what you are going through right now and he even knows what you are thinking. The book of Romans says that evil is “inconvenient” and elsewhere we read that “the way of the transgressor is hard.” Well, who makes evil thoughts and actions inconvenient? It is the God who knows you and loves you.

      The sheep in Psalm 23 are not afraid in the valley of the shadow of death because they know the Shepherd and He knows them. They have followed Him to green pastures and beside still waters. They have benefitted from the ministry of the Good Shepherd. They have learned to trust His leading because they have become familiar with His heart! Take courage today, little lamb, because the Shepherd knows you by name.

Dear Lord, lead your lambs by your great wisdom today because you know them by name. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment