Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

BLIND FAITH!

BLIND FAITH!

Heb 11:1
11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

          For the past week or so I haven’t been able to shake the desire to see the definite hand of God in my life. Specifically, I want to pray a prayer that only God could answer and see it come to pass. I don’t want to pray for daily bread and then go to work and collect a paycheck. I don’t want to pray that a mound move and then grab a shovel and move it myself. Where is God in this? I want to ask for that which is humanly impossible and yet receive it. After analyzing that desire I see myself to be somewhat in error for I am asking to walk by sight instead of by faith. Yet the desire is strong.

          In our recently concluded Faith-Promise Mission Conference my wife and I promised an increase of $5 per week. That may not seem like much but it is substantial when I consider that my giving to missions is nearly double my monthly truck payment! How could we possibly give more? Well, not long ago God spared us a $30 repair bill. That is six weeks of mission giving at five dollars! Then, yesterday, someone unexpectedly delivered to me a check for $500 dollars. That is 100 weeks of mission giving! Things like this seem to be happening all around me. I often ignore God’s hand.

          Job found himself seemingly abandoned by God. Things weren’t going well at all. Please consider these following verses.

Job 13:15
15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
Job 23:8
8 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
Job 23:10
10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
Job 23:14a
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me:

          In C. S. Lewis’ “The Screwtape Letters”, Satan is coaching a young demon named Wormwood. This is what he said: “Do not be deceived, Wormwood. Our cause is never more in danger than when a human looks (around)… a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys." Christians are often accused of blindly following a God they can’t see nor perceive. I think that is exactly what God had in mind.

Dear Lord, let me walk by faith. Give me just enough light for my next step. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment