Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

CHRISTMAS RESIDUE!

CHRISTMAS RESIDUE!

          I was awakened this morning by a CD playing “Angels from the Realms of Glory,” a nice piano piece meant to softly stir me instead of blasting me from my warm bed. I haven’t changed the seasonal music from the bedside boom box. As I rubbed the sawdust from my eyes I remember that the Hotel still had ambient Christmas music playing from their ceiling speakers. As the elevator door opened Michael Jackson was rocking out “Santa Claus is coming to town.” As I readied the coffee maker the Christmas cactus in the east window was in full glorious bloom. A lone candy cane lay amongst some other hard candies and nuts in a bowl on the counter. Crumbs of Christmas!

          Like the well packed tree, Christmas can’t be easily put back in the box! It is like the joy felt by the heavenly host over Bethlehem’s Shepherd’s Field. Glory to God in the highest! Christmas is here to stay.

 Luke 2:10-11 KJV
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

          Christmas means a Savior has been born and still lives! The people that sat in darkness have seen a great light. Hope displaced despair and death had his stinger removed. Oh death! Where is thy sting? Oh Grave! Where is thy victory? Look around today. There are glorious crumbs of Christmas all about you. Rejoice for Christ has come.

Dear Lord, there is too much joy to cram back in a box. This is the day that you have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment