Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

SPEAK LORD

 

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

 

SPEAK LORD

 

1 Sam 3:5-10

5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.

6 And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.

8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.

9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

 

          I have been called an “Empath”. We think deeply, even strangely. We discern almost painfully. We can “read a room.” Yet I have never heard the audible voice of the Lord speak to me. I’m not sure whether to be disappointed or thankful regarding that. I suspect that kind of communication is reserved for a rare few.

 

          Samuel’s mother had “loaned” him to the Lord as a servant to Eli. He was acquainted with Temple life and spiritual things. His service was practical, like a page would serve an official. One night Samuel heard a voice call his name in the night. He responded simply and practically. He went to the only source he was familiar with. He went to serve Eli. This he did three times!

 

          Verse 7 should not give us any great concern. It does not mean that Samuel was an “unbeliever” but that he was not accustomed to hearing revelations from God. Few are!

 

          If you knew God was speaking, would you give Him permission to speak freely? Regarding you? Regarding others? Regarding Himself? This was God’s challenge to Samuel and the message was shocking. It would cause his ears to tingle (see verse 11). Judgement was coming!

 

Acts 2:17

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

 

Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment