Pages

Monday, February 19, 2024

LIQUID PRAISE

 

Monday, February 19, 2024

 

LIQUID PRAISE

 

Ps 56:8

8 You number and record my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle — are they not in Your book?

AMPLIFIED BIBLE

 

Luke 7:44-45

44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

 

          Yesterday was a wonderful day. Illness had kept me from church for more than five weeks! Oh, there was online worship in my pajamas, but nothing compares with all-five-sensory worship. Church! How refreshing.

 

          Some folks raise their hands in worship. I am uncomfortable doing that because it seems, to me at least, to draw attention to me instead of God. Worship, to me, is so intimate and personal that I demonstrate it with tears. When I am “blessed” I cry. I can’t help myself. Part of me thinks it is unmanly but the rest of me says, “who cares.”

 

          The practice of collecting tears is called Lachrymatory and has been around for a thousand years before Christ. Tear bottles were common in Roman times and were placed in burial tombs as a sign of respect.

 

The Isaacs recorded a soulful song titled “He understands my tears.”

 

It's hard to believe he still loves me

Knowing how wrong I have been

When all I can say is, "I'm sorry"

When all I can feel is my sin

 

He understands when all I can do is cry

He feels the hurt that no one can see down inside

And when the words get in the way

I know he stills hears

For he understands my tears

 

Dear Lord, when I think of who you are and what you have done for me, all I can do is weep. Thank you for observing, collecting, and recording my liquid praise. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment