Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

MY FAR-FLUNG FRIENDS

 

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

 

MY FAR-FLUNG FRIENDS

 

John 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

 

John 17:24

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

 

          These two Scriptures, probably ripped from their context, provide the launch for today’s thoughts. Easily seen in both is Jesus’ desire to gather and be WITH his friends. He made it a part of His High Priestly prayer. “Father, they are widely scattered. I want them to be with me.”

 

          As a retired pastor, I have a large collection of far-flung friends. In over a half century of ministry, I have called many regions home. I have friends in Maryland, Virginia, South Carolina, Boston, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Montana, Colorado, Papua New Guinea, England, The Philippines, Brazil, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Oh, how I would love to gather them together that they could be where I am. That would be heaven!

 

          I have learned that my enemies are fewer than I imagine and that my friends are far more. Greater Vision recorded a song that tells my story.

 

FACES

I dreamed my life was done

I stood before God's son

It was time to see what my reward would be

With love he reviewed my life

To count what was done for Christ

For that is what will last eternally

 

See I'd done my best to share

That Jesus really cares

And he would save if they just believe

Oh, but seldom did harvest come

And so few did I see won

Until the lord said, "turn around and see."

()

Then he showed me the faces of the ones who'd come because of me

So many faces that my life had led to Calvary

All those years I thought nobody saw as I labored in lowly places

That's when Jesus smiled and showed me all the faces.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhBoTAYbRuI

 

Blessed art Thou, O Lord my God, King of the universe, who blessed me with far-flung friends. AMEN

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment