Pages

Monday, April 10, 2023

SURVIVING LOSS

 

Monday, April 10, 2023

 

SURVIVING LOSS

 

Ps 73:21-26

21 Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.

22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. KJV

 

          Grief is a natural response to loss. It’s the emotional suffering you feel when something or someone you love is taken away. Often, the pain of loss can feel overwhelming. You may experience all kinds of difficult and unexpected emotions, from shock or anger to disbelief, guilt, and profound sadness. The pain of grief can also disrupt your physical health, making it difficult to sleep, eat, or even think straight. These are normal reactions to loss—and the more significant the loss, the more intense your grief will be. (Source: Hospice)

 

          It will be okay is the title of a new book by Fox News personality Dana Perino. Her target audience is young career women who are facing what is called “quarter life crisis”, but the principles are of value to both genders and various ages. Basically, the book offers advice on how to navigate CHANGE.

 

          Change uncomfortable. Adjusting sparks emotional rebellion which, in verse 22 above, may manifest as “foolishness,” “ignorance,” or “beastly behavior.” It is shocking to think of our response to grief in those terms because our grief, we think, justifies our responses.

 

          Verse 24 describes a process. The gentleness of God guides us with His counsel. In Isaiah 53, God offers, “Come now, and let us reason together.” So, God is patient with us because “He has born our griefs and carried our sorrows.” Hebrews tells us that he is “touched with the feelings of our infirmities.” He knows us! He loves us.

 

Gentle Shepherd

 

Gentle Shepherd come and lead us

For we need you to help us find our way

Gentle Shepherd come and feed us

For we need your strength from day to day

 

There's no other we can turn to

Who can help us face another day

Gentle Shepherd come and lead us

For we need to you to help us find our way

 

Dear Lord, thank you for never changing. Thank you for being our Rock and our Anchor. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment